Sunday, April 30, 2023

May 2023 To-Be-Read

I know I recently haven't been updating this portion of my reading blog/journal, but I figure I should start up now if I'm going to be holding myself more accountable. So as is the current standard, I'm going to pick 6 "main" reads, and then just allow for whatever bonus books I end up with. 

With that in mind, let's begin!!!


Physical

1. Babel by R.F. Kuang - As it is the only book that I put on March's list that never made it to completion, we will try for May. I'm about halfway through now, so I am hopeful that I will be able to clear it quickly. So far it's been pretty amazing and I'm looking forward to continuing it and completing the novel. 

2. The Gilded Ones by Namina Forna - This is the book for the BooksandTea May readalong. Figure since I have it, I may as well join in. I typically only join if I have the book in question. I don't really remember what it's about, but I figure it will be pretty good. 

3. Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation #3 by Mo Xiang Tong Xiu - The third book in this series. I'm excited to get to it. I've been meaning to actually pick it up, but I kept forgetting. Here's hoping I like the book and can get through it quickly!


Digital

4. A Song of Salvation by Alechia Dow - This one isn't coming out until 11 July 2023, but I received an ARC of it from NetGalley, so I'm going to throw it up on my list of books to read for May. Hopefully I can get it done before the end of the month. 

5. A Circle of Stars by Craig Montgomery - Another ARC, and one that I have zero recollection of signing up for or requesting, but it definitely looks interesting and I cannot wait to get into it. This one is not set to release until 16 June 2023, but again, the quicker I read it, the quicker I can get the blog post out about it!


Audio

6. The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid - It's been on my list for a while. I saw someone talking about it and I just had to get it and read it. I couldn't find a print copy anywhere and the digital was more than I was willing to pay, but they had it pretty cheap on Chirp books, so here we are. It will be my audiobook for the month of May~


So these are the books that I will prioritize over the month of May. Hopefully I can get to the majority of these before the end of the month. I'll definitely let you know if I end up adding any bonus books or changing things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment