Sunday, April 30, 2023

April 2023 Book Haul

I failed impressively at keeping up with my February and March books, so I'm (unfortunately) skipping that month. There were like 40 easily, and I just don't have the ability to keep track of them like I once did. However,  I will try to keep better record in April!!

I acquired, through various means, 9 books in April: 

1. Camp Zero by Michelle Min Sterling - It was the most interesting of April's choices for Book of the Month. I wasn't particularly interested in anything else, but this whole idea of there being something that they aren't supposed to know kind of got to me. I am looking forward to reading it. 

2. Psychic Witch by Mat Auryn - The owl on the cover caught my eye. A lot of the witches and pagans that I know have been talking about this book on TikTok and YouTube, so I figured why not use my monthly credit and find out more about it. I have no idea what I'm getting into, but I can only hope it will be good. 

3. The Kaiju Preservation Society by John Scalzi - I remember seeing this on PeruseProject's BookTube, then KS pointed it out when we went book shopping over the weekend. I couldn't resist when I saw it. Naturally I had to have it. I have no idea what it's about, only that it's short and sweet. 

4. Sister, Maiden, Monster by Lucy A. Snyder - Lesbians, plague, zombies, a new world order. The cover attracted my attention first, then I read the synopsis and just knew it was going to be something I would enjoy. I wasn't in the market for anything from the Horror section, but now I cannot wait to get into it and see what it's all about. \

5. Senlin Ascends by Josiah Bancroft - Again, I saw this a lot on PeruseProject's channel and as Orbit Fantasy is one of my favorite publishers, and I am super into sci-fi/fantasy, I'd give it a go. It looks fairly interesting and reminds me of the tale of Orpheus. Dude's wife goes missing and he travels into a place he's not meant to be to find her and bring her home. 

6. Mo Dao Zu Shi/Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation #1 [The Comic] by Mo Xiang Tong Xiu - The fourth version of this that I own, it's my favorite of the danmei novels that I now have access to. (I think I have 5?) KS pointed out the comic book to me and I nearly lost my mind. I already read it. 

7. Mo Dao Zu Shi/Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation #3 by Mo Xiang Tong Xiu - The actual reason why I went into the Barnes & Noble in the first place. This is the third, of five so far, volume in the series of English translations to her popular novel. I absolutely need to continue and find out more. I am considering starting to order them online to just catch up. 

8. Remnants of Filth #1 by Rou Bao Bu Chi Rou - I have absolutely no idea what this is about, but it's another danmei from Seven Seas, my second favorite publisher. It's pretty high up on my reading list for May. I am quite curious to find out more about it. 

9. Thousand Autumms by Meng Xi Chi - Another one that I have no clue about. I was considering the books in the series that I needed or a different one all together when I happened to notice this one and decided to give it a go. If I don't care for it, I can always sell it off, but so far Seven Seas has not steered me wrong. I'm looking quite forward to reading it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment