Sunday, March 19, 2023

Currently Reading: 12 to 19 March 2023

Currently Reading

The First Binding by R.R. Virdi (57%)
The Storm Singers by Michael Boccardi (17%)
Magpie Training by Irene Glasse (62%)


* * *
Reading Goal

15/100
* * *

I finished one book since we last spoke, and soft-DNF'd a few. Just books that I know I won't be able to get back go until May at the earliest, so while I'm less than 50 pages in, I'll put them aside. You'll notice however, that I still have The First Binding by R.R. Virdi going. I'll explain that one...

G announced a bit ago, that she was going to do a year-long "choose your own adventure" style readathon to go along with Orilium, called "A Year in Aeldia." Aeldia is the magical fantasy land where the Orilium Academy happens to be. So this is all about exploring various places within the country over the course of the year. 

For January I chose to go left [start a series] and I read Legends & Lattes by Travis Baldree. The second book, whose name I have since forgotten but think has the word "books" in it, has been announced recently. Now I know which way I'm going, at least to start. In February my options were to either Go to the Forest [Read a book with trees on the cover] or Go Towards the Lake [read a book with water on the cover]. I went to the forest, and read The Writing Retreat by Julia Bartz which has trees all over the cover of the book. Now in March, there is a single prompt for those of us that went to the left: Fight a Giant [Read book 500+ pages]. The only book I had already started that would fit the category was: The First Binding as literally every other one fell just short of the goal. The others all landed somewhere between 450 and 480 pages. Not quite enough to fit the prompt. 

As of 13:00 on 19 March 2023, I'm sitting at 472 pages. I have 43% more to go before I finish with it and can cross tackling the giant from the list. There is no prompt next month, since the students will be at the academy and we will have our own prompts separate for that. 

Other than reading that...I've been playing Scarlet and deciding what I want to do as far as my Camp NaNo April project goes. I'm not doing my normal 30k. I've halved it just to err on the side of caution. Even with the ridiculous amount of reading I have as a Godseer (to Velinas, God of Death and Rebirth), 500 words per day (which I can continue on into May and June) seemed like a decent amount.

That just about covers it...I'm leaving the project secret for now...perhaps in the future  will share what I went with. Until next time~

No comments:

Post a Comment