Sunday, June 18, 2023

Currently Reading: 28 May to 17 June 2023

Currently Reading

 The Luminaries by Susan Dennard (29%)
- The Orphic Hymns ed. by Philip Dunn (04%)
- A Song of Salvation by Alechia Dow (74%)
- Eastside Hedge Witch by T.J. Deschamp (67%)

* * *
Reading Goal

33/100
* * *

I'm kind of surprised. I never mentioned the fact that I've been getting approved for a lot of ARCs (3 from NetGalley and one I requested specifically from the author), and I'm already halfway through them? I think I've only got 2 more to go that come out a week apart in July, one on the 11th and the other on the 18th. I'm going to prioritize the one on the 11th, as it is the earlier book. I'll aim to have the reviews out on publication day, but lord knows what will happen with my June Wrap Up. 

My writing has been...going. I have a big plot in mind that I'm working on now and hoping to have traditionally or self published. Indie published? Who knows, the industry keeps changing the terms and I don't know what's what any more. I'm tempted to take Project Book down from FictionPress and rebrand it to also be traditionally/self published, but I know it would never reach publication value. It's a practice book. The one you write to either improve or keep up your skills. People like it, too, so there's that. 

I've put eight (8) total books on my June TBR. Two (2) of them are from May. Books I've made progress in, just haven't finished yet. I couldn't control myself and ended up starting one of my June books early. I always want to have at least one (1) print book, one (1) digital book, and one (1) audiobook going and I finished all of my print books already for the month so....we started Thousand Autumns by Meng Xi Shi a little early. So far it's interesting. I like the premise of it that a Daoist sect leader doesn't remember anything and is being basically taught by someone else. 

Have I read any of the 8 books on my TBR so far for June? No. I have not. I think I finished one of my May books. And that's been it. I got distracted reading library books. I can't with myself. Sometimes one must wonder what I get up to. Even I wonder when I do things that go exactly against what it was I had intended. 

I've been making steady progress on my writing project. Soon, I should have the next chapter for the serial novel ready to be put up on the web. It just needs the last scene or two and then mild editing and it will be done. I did have to change a few things, as I realized there were some things that just wouldn't happen the way I had originally planned them. Just, things that sort of dawned on me as I was working on it. Ah well, can't win them all, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment