Monday, April 20, 2015

A Mini Haul

Let me begin by saying that my church has this book case in the back they call the Book Nook. They sell books donated by members and use the money raised for whatever we need. 

Every so often, they get more in than they can shelve. That's when it's great to be a reader and hovering around the back of the sanctuary after the service. I just get handed stuff or told to pick whatever I want and not to worry about paying for it.

This time around, I picked up a few books that looked great. I had grabbed a Penguin Classics edition of The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck, intending to bring my own mass market edition in next week to replace it because I hadn't had a dollar on me in cash. Instead, I just got told to take it. Here are the books I got: 

Book #1: The Best Short Stories of Rudyard Kipling ed by Randall Jarrell

Book #2: The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck

Book #3: The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway

Book #4: Never Come Back by David Bell

Book #5: Beautiful as Yesterday by Fan Wu (I was reading this during the congregational meeting my ride was attending)

Book #6: Gilt by Katherine Longshore

Book #7: At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks (I think I had a copy of this, but it got ruined)

Book #8: Love Spell by Phyllis Curott

I actually wound up having to find a plastic bag so I could bring them into my house when I got home. I might get more next week because there were a couple that I remember seeing there (that have been there for a while) that people on BookTube have talked about and said were good. 

Until then, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment