Sunday, April 5, 2015

Review: When I Dream of You by Rosa Sophia

When I Dream of You
When I Dream of You was published on September 17, 2014 by CreateSpace. It is 88 pages long. I read the Kindle Edition which was published October 28, 2014 by Limitless Publishing. 

Nina Archer is a young woman suffering from PTSD and an abusive mother. She has to struggle every day with the memories from twelve years ago along with her mother's alcohol driven mood swings. It becomes almost unbearable until she meets Wes, a writer from Cocoa Beach. They meet up at a run and the connection is instant. Wes

With his help, she learns overcome her past. It is a beautifully written story and I instantly felt bad for her. I couldn't even begin to comprehend what it would have been like to grow up with a mother like hers. Sober one moment and the most loving caring person in the world and drunk by the afternoon. Yelling and screaming at her. 

This story talks about love and first sight and overcoming odds. I'm sure that if it weren't for Wes, Nina would probably never have gotten over the incident from a dozen years earlier. Nor would she have finally (I think) accepted that what her mother was doing was abusive to her. No one should ever have to be forced into that sort of situation.

I rated this book a 5/5 because I absolutely loved the way Rosa told the story. It felt for a brief second that I was Nina. I was the girl lost and lonely sitting in my car on the beach, just too overwhelmed by the things that were out of my hands. I can't wait to get my hands on the second volume, When I Think of You and read that to find out the continuing story of Nina and Wes. This book was great and I would probably read it again once I made my way through the TBR pile I have.

Until next time~

No comments:

Post a Comment