Friday, August 18, 2017

Friday Reads: 15 July to 11 August 2017

Currently Reading


The Lesser Bohemians by Eimear McBride (01%)
- Contemporary Japanese Textbook (1) by Eriko Sato (01%)
- A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman (03%)
- Unfinished Tales by J.R.R. Tolkien (02%)
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff (01%)
- Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden (
- The Influence by Ramsey Campbell (37%)
- Slaughter: Origin Story by James Beltz (10%)
- Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen (37%)
Wings of Arian by Devri Walls (08%)
Les Miserables by Victor Hugo (15%)
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (19%)
Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe (15%)
- To the Letter by Simon Garfield (51%)
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke (19%)
The Original Illustrated Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (24%)


* * *


I think it's somewhat ironic that my first entry in my bookish journal is the same as the first day of this Friday Reads. Because I've been slacking. I haven't forgotten, there's a reminder on my phone. I just haven't been doing it. Let's play a game of catch up then!

I tried to do both read-alongs for the month of July. They were Biannual Bibliothon and BookTube-a-Thon. I completed neither one of them. I read three books for each one. One of them was even the same book, giving me a total of 5/13 books read. So that was a bust. Hopefully next year they don't fall in the same week, so I can do them both with little issue.

Ended up deleting a fanfiction from my list of them. I didn't read the book first before deciding to do a story on it. Really just didn't think that one all the way through. I don't particularly like the book, but I did like the movie, so I'm planning to continue it and see if it gets any better. Who knows?! Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. Either way, the fanfiction is out the window. 

Placed a BookOutlet order on the 16th. Got the confirmation on the 18th. Watched as the tracking flicked back and forth between unavailable at this time to out for delivery, which no idea which one it was until the mail carrier handed it to me. I got a few books I've really been looking forward to in there, including Illuminae, which I've wanted to read for a long time. I just either couldn't find it or couldn't afford it. 

Finished seven books this month, which is great. Some in one day which is why they don't appear anywhere on the lists. Anna Dressed in Blood, Flame in the Mist, My Darling, My Hamburger, and Coming Out to Play are all missing entirely because each one only lasted a day, if that. I was super quick reading a lot of books. 

Found a brilliant app for my phone that I've been using called My Library. According to them, I have 422 books. This is before I add the others that aren't properly coming up because they haven't got barcodes or ISBNs. I probably have nearer to 450 then. There were quite a collection of "extra work" books that I have where I'll have to search for the ISBN or add them manually.

Completely forgot to update this at all. I don't know what happened. Well, my Library catalog is up to 426, and I got myself some Japanese language learning books. I'm sharing them with KS, because we both want to learn. I also don't think I'm going to meet the deadline to finish my library books. I'm considering just renewing the two Tolkien ones, Unfinished Tales and The Children of Hurin because I haven't read it yet and I want to very badly. 

That I guess, concludes the current week of reading. I will see you all again next week for our next grand adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment