Thursday, August 31, 2017

September 2017 To-Be-Read

I have decided that since I post literally every other book-related list I have....I may as well include my monthly TBR list in here. I pretty much have the same TBR month after month until I finish books on it, then I change them out. You'll notice a holding pattern with some books. I am actively reading them, but they just take me forever to get through. Unlike the other two lists though, this one will not have pictures and synopses for each. Feel free to look them up on Goodreads. 

I have 10 books total every month that I decide on as the books I would like to read for the month. Here are September's 10, organized first with Kindle books that I'd like to read and then with my print books. 


Kindle

Book #1: Daughters Unto Devils by Amy Lukavics - I have been hearing nothing but good things about this book, and I recently (last year) bought this on my TBR near religiously since then. It looks very good and I think that I will start it up on the first of the month.

Book #2: Butcher Bird by Richard Kadrey - I have seen this listed as both "Richard Kadrey and Richard Kadrey"and as simply "Richard Kadrey" so in lieu of having no idea which one is correct, I'm only putting one of the names. My friend JC read this and suggest that I look into it because it was very good. I said okay, and put it in my wishlist on Amazon. I found it a few days later for sale really cheap so I grabbed it. 

Book #3: Villette by Charlotte Brontë - I once borrowed this from the local library. Then they closed down for renovations in 2014, didn't reopen until late 2016. By then that book was gone. I never got to read it. Now I have a copy on my Kindle that I found and I'm excited to get to it. I can't wait!

Book #4: Critical Failure by Robert Bevar - I don't remember what this is about beyond D&D, which I play...with my friends. Yes, I'm a nerd. DEAL WITH IT. I honestly have no idea what this is about. I did look it up, and I've a memory like a steel sieve and have completely forgotten the premise. Perhaps I'll look it up again.

Book #5: Slaughter: Origin Story by James Beltz - I'm technically already currently reading this one. I'm at 13% at the writing of this blog post. I'm part of several writing and reading groups (as I've mentioned many times before) and Mr. Beltz happens to be a member of one of the groups. He and I are friends now, and I found his book was available for $1.99, so I grabbed it. It's interesting so far, even with it being outside of my normal genre. I don't really read the manly-man thriller books. 


Physical

Book #1: The Hundred Secret Senses by Amy Tan - I read The Joy Luck Club and absolutely loved it. In the back of the edition that I have is an excerpt of The Hundred Secret Senses. I was browsing at the library and saw this and thought "Hey, why not? I did like her other book..." Turns out I'm apparently in a rather China sort of mood. This one looks interesting and I wonder if I don't have what the Chinese would call "yin eyes" as I have seen non-corporeal people in my lifetime. It looks good. 

Book #2: Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel García Márquez - Everybody has lost their shit over One Hundred Years of Solitude and I looked for it, I did. However, this was the only books that the local library had. I've heard just as good things about this and it looks interesting as well. I think I'll like it. I've been into things like this recently. 

Book #3: Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater - People have lost their absolute minds over this series. I have no idea why. It comes off sounding like a cheesy werewolf story. Nothing that any human being with sense would like. When I was looking through the library and found the series out of order on the shelf and after I rearranged them into the proper order, I decided to borrow this one and give it a go. 

Book #4: The Mortifications by Derek Palacio - This is the book I've chosen most recently from Blogging for Books in return for a review. I liked the way the cover looked at the way the synopsis sounded. I'm adding this to my TBR to be read as soon as I clear out the majority of my library books. 

Book #5: Sense & Sensibility by Jane Austen - At this point, it's just to finish it so I can put it away and not look at it any more. I am not very impressed with the story and I would DNF it, but I really want to know how it resolves. It kind of just...bores me. I don't know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment