Monday, February 11, 2019

Currently Reading: 27 January to 08 February 2019

Currently Reading


- Never Grow Up by Jackie Chan with Zhu Mo (29%)
- Hunting Prince Dracula by Kerri Maniscalco (12%)
- Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan (41%)
- IT by Stephen King (06%)
- Queen of the Star Pirates by Stephen Landis (13%)
- Journey to the West by Wu Cheng'en (14%)
The Original Illustrated Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (39%)

* * *

I am undecided at the moment if I want to do monthly book hauls. I'll probably still record them? Maybe just list them out in my final CR for any month. Too much work to write why I bought them. Sometimes I don't actually remember! So here we will do my list of books, in probable purchase order, that I got in January: 

A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
Labyrinth by Kate Mosse

The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn

Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami
The Book Jumper by Mechthild Gläser
Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck
Escaping from Houdini by Kerri Maniscalco
Chinese Myths & Tales by Flame Tree
Lost in Tokyo by Garett Wilson
Z by Lizzy Gomez
Escape from Bondage by J.R. Marshall
Normal by Danielle Pearl
This Book is Gay by Juno Dawson
Leo Loves Aries by Anyta Sunday
Murder by Misrule by Anna Castle
Siphon Magic by Alicia Babel
A Death Displaced by Andrew Butcher
Night by Elie Wiesel
More Happy than Not by Adam Silvera
Bel Canto by Ann Patchett
The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon 
Never Grow Up by Jackie Chan/Zhu Mo
The Man Who Would Be Sherlock by Christopher Sandford
Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
My Hero Academia v1 by Kohei Horikoshi
I am the Messenger by Markus Zusak
Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie C. Dao
1984 by George Orwell
The XY by Virginia Berger


I've already finished 4 of the books on that list. Not much progress, but progress all the same. There are some bookish read alongs, one from 1-7 February were we just read as much as we can and then 11-17 February is Contemporary-a-Thon that I have my TBR picked out for already.

There was another read-along, the FoxingFae February Read-Along, was just to read as much as possible from 01 to 07 February. I managed to actively finish 3 books. I got through two volumes of My Hero Academia by Kohei Horikoshi, and then Leo Loves Aries by Anyta Sunday.

Speaking of My Hero Academia. I cam up with my main project for this year. A fanfiction titled: "Reflection" that is going to span about 75,000 words/39 chapters detailing something I thought of for no reason whatsoever. This tail will be an alternate universe (henceforth AU) one where we follow deuteragonist Bakugou during his transition from female to male. It was one of the many prompts that came up while I was working on my NaNoWriMo project last November.


I figure I would actually work on it during the entire year and not just for the three months of NaNo. Maybe it will reach over 100,000 words? Who knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment