Saturday, January 28, 2023

Currently Reading: 15 January to 28 January 2023

Currently Reading

The Shadow of the Gods by John Gwynne (58%)
- Reading Like a Writer by Francine Prose (05%)
- Wicka by Christy Deveaux (17%)
- Hell Bent by Leigh Bardugo (34%)

* * *

Yearly Reading Goal
5/100

* * *

So I'm sure you've noticed my Currently Reading list has changed as well as my goal for the year. I realized it was silly to pick any other number. I never cared if I fully reached the goal or not, so why would I set it to anything other than my favorite reading goal number? I figure I'll just put it to the number I like (which also makes finding the percentage easy, it's literally just the number of books I've finished!). 

I don't know really what happened from the 15th to the 21st that I didn't....oh wait, yes I do. I was just reading. Nonstop. I think Saturday the 21st just ended up being a hell of a lazy day here where I did nothing but read. Then Sunday was Session 1 of Krystophan Mk-II, where we realized exactly ONE party member (out of five of us) could actually enter the capital city. The rest of us are all some flavor of Evil. He's Chaotic Neutral. He'd be the only one who can actually cross the boundary and into the city. 

I cleared quite a few books from my list, added some new ones, and am curious about the status of one of the boxes I ordered. Picked up 26 (lol 24 individual titles) from BookOutlet. One of the boxes made it in yesterday. The other one did not. I don't know if the box was damaged or if someone stole it or what happened. I am going to give them until Tuesday for it to make it to me before I email the site and let them know what happened. Hopefully they will either give me a credit to the store or resend the books that I ordered. They are usually pretty good with customer service. I don't know what happened to the package, except maybe it was damaged in transit (the other one was) and they didn't know who the stuff belonged to or perhaps it got left behind or someone stole it. Though, I cannot imagine why someone would steal a box of books of all things. 

I joined a few new reading and writing servers and one of them (The Writer's Palace) has this section where they do a fiction book of the month and a nonfiction book of the month, and this month into February they are reading Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo (which I am holding off on as I am reading Hell Bent) and Reading Like a Writer by Francine Prose. I want to participate more in bookish things, so of course I had to grab it. 

I think I will close for now and go about reading the rest of the books on my currently reading list. See you all in a week~

No comments:

Post a Comment