Saturday, December 2, 2023

November 2023 Book Haul

I've managed to keep the book buying down, but the book borrowing is still pretty...well...yeah....I've at least managed to finish one of the books I've acquired already. It came in on the 2nd and I was done on the 4th. 


1. Flight of Icarus by Caitlin SchneiderhanEddie Munson is my absolute favorite character from Stranger Things. The second I saw the title up for pre-order I grabbed it. I didn't even need to wait to see who it was about or what the cover was. Anyone worth their salt would have known. Each book is given a song title that somehow relates back to the character that the book is about. Any metal fan would immediately recognize Iron Maiden's Flight of Icarus and know that it was Eddie.

2. The Root Witch by Debra Castaneda - A friend of mine has read this book in October and recommended that I get it. So clearly I couldn't pass it up when I saw it available for $0.00 through Kindle Unlimited. I have yet to start it, but it was on my possibilities list anyway. Hopefully SL does not steer me wrong and this is a good one. 

3. Ghosts by Iain Rob Wright - I forget precisely why I wanted this. It's a creepy book that looked good, but that's as much as I can currently remember. It looked absolutely insane on the cover. There is something about summoning rituals and sacriments and I am totally hooked and want to know what's going to happen. 

4. Upside Down by N.R. Walker - It has asexual representation. It's a cute little love story between two ace boys. Jordan learns he is asexual and wonders what that means for his life while Hennessy already knows he is ace and moves after it ruins yet another relationship. I am super interested in reading a story featuring some homoromantic asexual boys as an asexual individual myself it's neat to see my own story kind of...

5. Flight of a Thousand Embers by P.N. Vang - I saw the author posting about this on Threads and I immediately went to check it out. I am a big fan of high fantasy books, as we all know and when I read the synopsis, I had to get it. It looks brilliant and I am very curious about how everything is going to wrap up in the end. It looks quite political, too, which will be interesting to read about.

6. What the River Knows by Isabel Ibañez - I'm convinced somewhere along the way while reading about it, I saw the phrase "for fans of The Mummy" and I couldn't resist. I loved the Mummy growing up. I'm a big fan of Egyptian mythology and this one is set in Egypt in the 1800s. I couldn't resist picking it up just to see what it is all about. 

7. Iron Flame by Rebecca Yarros - I had pre-ordered this almost as soon as it finished Fourth Wing. I don't plan to start it until December (It's 600+ pages and I have 2 1,000+ page books on my currently reading already), but it looks brilliant. I cannot wait. 

8. One Dark Window by Rachel Gillig - I saw this in somone's video earlier in the year and I just couldn't resist it. It looks beautiful and it's from my favorite publisher in the whole universe (currently), Orbit Fantasy. Do I have a clue what it's about? Nope. I know a girl has to unleash the monster pent up in her mind to save her town, kingdom, something like that. It looks brilliant and I am looking forward to it. 

9. A Dead and Stormy Night by Steffanie Holmes - I saw some ad for this one on BookTok. I am easily influenced, let me tell you. The premise is a girl returning to her little English village hometown and working at Nevermore Bookshop. She ends up with James Moriarity, Heathcliff, and Quoth (the Raven) and I was too taken with it to pass it up. 

10. The Christmas Orphans Club by Becca Freeman - I picked this one up for a book club (that I'm not even 100% sure I want to be in? They are adding so many books that some people won't be able to keep up). This looked kind of interesting and hey, why not give seasonal books a try? 

11. Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren - Look, I would have ended up with this book no matter what.  It's about a woman who falls for someone over reading. I couldn't resist. Bought it to read with JB, who is already done and I'm on like 13% (work sucks), but I wanna work on it during the rest of the weekend. It's good. I like it. 

12. The Black Crow Flies by L.B. Perdman - I saw ARC requests go out for the sequel and found this one available on KU and thought why not give it a try? It lookes good and I am curious about the fantasy books that we find on KU. 

13. A Witch's Guide to Fake Dating a Demon by Sarah Hawley - I saw this one on CloudLibrary and was quite interested, but then I found it for cheap at BN so I had to pick it up. All I know is that a witch accidentally summons a demon and the demon refuses to leave until they strike a deal. Sounds pretty interesting. 

14. Foundryside by Robert Jackson Bennett - Reagan from PeruseProject raved about this series a while back. I just now found it at my local bookstore and so I figured I would give it a try. I am looking forward to getting into it when I actually make it that far. It's on my January 2024 TBR already. So this ought to be wonderful. 

15. Jade City by Fonda Lee - I heard people talking about it for a while and finally broke down and bought the first volume when it appeared (at last) in BN. I'm hoping that I actually like it. I've heard good and bad things about it. It does sound kind of cool with the whole Jade Bones thing and I am curious. 

16. We Need New Names by NoViolet Bulawayo - Not even sure what made me pick this up. My church has a Little Free Libary half hidden in a stairwell (there's a perfectly sized random shelf going down to the Fellowship Hall), and I saw it and was like "I want that." I may add it in the 'Other' category on my TBR for December or January to see just why I wanted it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment