Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Top 5 Wednesday: 2018 Reading Resolutions

I realize that I've posted this already, but it fell under this week's T5W, so I'll post it again with one addition to it. I had originally only come up with 4 resolutions, but I think I can squeeze a fifth one into it somewhere along the way. 

Moving on, here are my five reading resolutions for the year: 

1. Meet/exceed my Goodreads goal for the year – This year I decided to keep it somewhat simple and set my goal for only 50 books. Something I'm sure I can reach and I will feel great when I read over the goal. Anything more is almost beyond my capabilities as a reader at the level I currently am at.

2. Review all of the books that I read – I had this same goal last year and I think I nearly got 100% completion on it. I realized that I didn't actually post my review for a few books, but it was in my own personal blog, so I count it.

3. Read Les Misérables by Victor Hugo – I sorted it out, in a comment to be seen later on in the entry, that if I read 308.25 pages per quarter from 1 January forward, I should finish the book on or near 31 December.

4. Enter and win Camp NaNo and NaNoWriMo – Yeah this is a difficult challenge to meet since I will have a job by then and my time set to write will be going down. That's okay, we can still do it if we actually plan it out a little bit. I planned 2015's and I won with 57,000.

5. Complete the Epic Reading Challenge – I tried this last year and I think I managed to read like four of the fifty categories. I'm going to try again this year (using the same challenge) and maybe I'll get more of them. I am not picking out specific books to read to meet the goals. I'll check after I finish a book instead. I wonder if it's cheating to mark multiple categories for the same book?


Anyway, those are my resolutions for this week's prompt. If you'd like to join you can find the different prompts at the Good reads group Top 5 Wednesday. It's hosted by Sam from Thoughts on Tomes. Feel free to check them out and give them a like or a sub. Have a happy 2018!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment