Monday, February 22, 2021

Currently Reading: 07 February to 20 February 2021

Currently Reading

- The Fireman by Joe Hill (28%)
- Clap When You Land by Elizabeth Acevedo (45%)
The Dragon's Legacy by Deborah A. Wolf (35%)
- Greek Religion: A Sourcebook by Valerie M. Warrior (22%)
- A Little Life by Hanya Yanigahara (53%)
- The Girl with the Ghost Eyes by M.H. Boroson (31%)
Les Miserables by Victor Hugo (03%)

* * *

Yearly Reading Goal
21/100

* * *

Yeah. We started February with BL manga. I like how we no longer refer to it by it's proper Japanese name now...probably because other countries are getting in on it and we can't just use a thousand names to all mean the same thing. So they reduced it to BL (boys' love). Does this mean that yuri is now going to be referred to as GL (girls' love)? That would be fun. What do they plan to do about nonbinary/genderfluid characters in books? NBL? GFL? We could just stick with "romance", but that seems a bit to easy to me. 

So far we seem to be on track for the reading goal for the year. We are actually a little ahead of goal as this month I only theoretically need to hit 16 books read and I'm already at 20. Pretty proud of myself for the progress I have made in the goals. 

I will have to knuckle down though, and really just reduce the amount of books I bring in (I say as I am thinking about asking for an adventure shopping trip to Barnes & Noble today....don't question me, I have plans). We got word from a friend of ours that they are looking at having us all in an apartment building together. Cheaply at that. If I keep saving up my money instead of spending it, and put away my taxes, I should have a few month's worth to use for rent while I job hunt in the area. 

I will probably restructure my reading goals and like monthly TBRs in May, June, and July. Don't be surprised if there is no structure to be had. They will be chaotic months at best. Between weeding out the books I'm just not interested in reading (as much as it hurts me) and figuring out where I'm going to keep my books....plus having to locate the nearest local library to the new place. It will be stressful and just in general no fun. 

That's all for the time, see you all in two weeks~

No comments:

Post a Comment