Sunday, February 28, 2021

March 2021 To-Be-Read

 I realized about halfway through February that the goal of 10 books on the TBR per month was a bit of a stretch and impossible for me to actually read. I will still have a goal of actually reading 10, but I won't set a TBR of 10. I am going to go back to my original set TBR of only 6 books, 3 print, 2 digital, 1 audio. You will notice that all of these books on March's TBR also appeared on February's. Mostly March will be used to just finish the books I started in February. Hopefully I can actually finish them....


Physical Books

1.  The Dragon's Legacy by Deborah A. Wolf - I started this in January for a reading challenge to pick up something by an author with the same initials as you. I am liking it so far, I'm very confused by it, but, that's not surprising since I kind of went in blind right after reading There Will Come a Darkness, so...I'm really doing it to myself. There are wyverns, and possibly full on dragons? They mention two Akari and Sajani, a mated pair of Sun and Earth dragons. Who knows. As of 01 February 2021, I am about 170 pages in and finishing up the rest of it. 

2. The Fireman by Joe Hill - I found this cheap, had to have it. Was it a good plan to read a book about the plague right in the middle of the plague. I'm really enjoying it so far. What I've read is pretty good and I cannot wait until I see what happens in the end of the novel. He definitely has the same writing flair as his father and I think that I will love his writing...

3. Clap When You Land by Elizabeth Acevedo - I got this in a fit of random purchases, and so far I like it. I'm nearly done and should be able to cross this one off my list pretty quickly. I feel bad for Camino and Yahaira, but I am looking forward to the conclusion to see how it ends. It should be brilliant. I never thought about using verse as a way to tell prose before. This is quite intriguing and I am rather enjoying myself. 


Digital Books

4. The Girl with the Ghost Eyes by M.H. Boroson - This was acquired in one of the many caffeine fueled psychosis hauls where I was just getting anything that looked remotely interesting at a time when I should not have been allowed access to the internet (think like 3-4 in the morning) after a rather long shift at work. I have been obsessed with China and Chinese dramas lately and this is set in Chinatown and references the characters emigrating from China to the United States, specifically...California, I think. I started it in late December 2020, and intend to finish it some time this month. 

5. Spin the Dawn by Elizabeth Lim - The cover is pretty. I'm a fan of Mulan, but definitely not Project Runway, so this ought to be a good go. I think the premise sounds rather interesting. I have no idea what I will think about it. This was one of those books that at one point or another was very popular on BookTube so I figured I would give it a try. Yeah.


Audio Books

6. A Little Life by Hanya Yanigahara - I started this some time last month and I'm already ~36% of the way in. Hopefully I can finish it by the end of the month? It's 32 hours long. THIRTY TWO. That's quite a long time. I'm not sure how I feel about what I've previously listened to. It's....something. I can never tell at first if I'm supposed to be mad, sad, happy, or disgusted. It's strange. For a while there, I thought Jude was no longer on the mortal coil, but then they talk about him in the future past where we were and what he's doing. I don't know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment