Saturday, May 1, 2021

April 2021 Wrap Up

 Here we are with the books I read in April. All three of them. 


1.  The Spell Book for New Witches by Ambrosia Hawthorn - I saw this online after getting back into the pagan studies I have a terrible habit of just stopping. There are a lot of really useful things in here that I will put into practice after everything has settled or will copy out to give to friends and family that would use them. 

2. The Rise of Kyoshi by F.C. Yee -  I loved it. Absolutely enjoyed it and am looking forward to getting my hands on The Shadow of Kyoshi. I have ideas now about how certain things we are told about in A:TLA play out, since we are now getting information on the previous avatars, and ones we had not heard of before, like Kuruk. It gives us so much more to work with for A:TLA that I didn't know about. I was particularly intrigued by the fact that Kyoshi comes from mixed parentage and theoretically could have been born an airbender. Interesting....

3. The Girl with the Ghost Eyes by M.H. Boroson - I'm not sure why I didn't think this was as modern as it was. I believe the older cover art (just the black outline of a girl with a stick) makes it appear like it would be set far earlier in time than the 1920s-1930s. It was still good and makes me want to look up Sacramento (I think) Chinatown of the 1920s. I enjoyed it and I'm glad I've read it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment