Sunday, May 30, 2021

Currently Reading 16 to 29 May 2021

Currently Reading

- Fearless Tarot by Elliot Adam (26%)
- Persephone Unveiled by Charles Stein (07%)
- Cute Little Lenormand by Sara M. Lyons (39%)
- Brothers of the Wild North Sea by Harper Fox (80%)
- The Shadow of What Was Lost by James Islington (23%)
- The Fireman by Joe Hill (40%)

* * *

Yearly Reading Goal

35/100

* * *

Look at me go, remembering to update this time. I'm trying to get better about it, but life sometimes just gets in the way. My book buying restriction is not going as good as I had hoped, but I'm also not buying a dozen books at a clip. I think this most recent purchase was only of four? The one before that was three. So, overall not bad. 

I've been putting more thought into the June readathon, too. I think, depending on when we actually move, I will be able to do more during the back half than the front. So I will make sure to pack all of the readathon books into one box (with the appropriate label on them). Then I will know which box is important and which ones can just go hide out in the living room or whatever. Not particularly sure yet where I intend to keep them. Perhaps we will put shelves in on the walls.

I'm debating just ditching my Kindle book for the month. I don't know if I want to just get rid of it or pick something else that interests me more. I'm not reading it. There is so little interest in it, that I just realized I was putting the wrong title the entire time. It's not Under the Apple Blossoms, but actually Beneath the Apple Blossom. Do we see how much I care? I don't even remember what it is about!!

According to Goodreads, I am actually two books behind schedule. I wonder how I managed that? June would definitely fix the problem, and the fact that I am now tearing through books like they are wet rice paper. I've been finishing 1-2 books in a day every time I finish one. May has been better than February so far with 5 books finished. 

Book buying restriction is going well. Only bought 18 books in May....I mean it could be worse. I could be buying 18 books at a clip like I used to. That was how my library got as big as it was. Speaking of, the residents at work are even asking me if I'm taking my library with me. Well yes. The books will be going with me. They are mine? 

I've been thinking about how to decide the next read for the June readathon. My first thought was to do like, a die roll. Then I remembered there are 16 options and a few I cannot read without having read the others first (ex: Nyx is the second book after Eos), so that puts that out. Then I was like dart board. I am moving soon and will likely lose my access to the dart board. Looks like mood reading it is!

I have made what I hope is a good decision. I've deleted Goodreads and joined StoryGraph instead. I didn't use half the features on Goodreads, making it kind of a useless thing. What I do need and use is available on StoryGraph. Plus! StoryGraph has multiple reading challenges and groups that you can join instead of just the yearly tally. I've joined two already in addition to a year-long challenge. The Alphabet Challenge (which I am working on completing) and the Olympics Readathon Challenge which won't start until June. 

I am thinking of now also putting my reviews on Instagram. That way I can keep them all together. Starting with the books I finish next. I will do my best to add all my books that I finish as reviews on IG and SG. Other things I'm probably going to start putting up on Instagram are my book hauls and monthly wrap up totals (number of books, total page count, overall rating). I am getting better at the whole...updating thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment