Saturday, May 1, 2021

Currently Reading: 21 February to 01 May 2021

Currently Reading

- Cute Little Lenormand by Sara M. Lyons (07%)
- Real Murders by Charlaine Harris (13%)
- Brothers of the Wild North Sea by Harper Fox (20%)
- The Shadow of What Was Lost by James Islington (19%)
- Witch Hunt by Kristin J. Sollee (38%)
- Monkey King by Wu Cheng'en (29%)
- Fearless Tarot by Elliot Adam (03%)
- Under the Apple Blossom by Kate Frost (02%)
- The Fireman by Joe Hill (29%)
The Dragon's Legacy by Deborah A. Wolf (35%)

* * *

Yearly Reading Goal

32/100

* * *

I know. I don't wanna hear it. I stopped writing the blog again. I got busy over the last few weeks. It has been a while since I have been able to even sit down and read properly. You'll notice that Les Miserables is no longer on the list. I didn't finish, I just put it off to the side for now. I will try my best to actually write biweekly like I meant to from the beginning of the year. Let's see if we can't figure out what to write for the previous oh, two and a half months?

For one, I have put myself back on my 1:3 book buying restriction. I know I won't be able to stop myself from buying books, but I can at least reduce (or attempt to reduce) the number of books I'm bringing in. Especially considering I am moving house in June!! I will be starting this whole restriction thing in May. (not that it matters much, as I am writing this part on 29 April...) 

Hmm, well, I know a bunch of books are on their way to me that I didn't pay for (like 7-8 medium flat rate boxes. That is a huge number.) There will be at least 40-50 books all told, with other stuff mixed in. I have no idea what they are, only that they are coming. I am scared of what will be in the boxes and I feel bad for the poor postal carrier who has to lug it all down the sidewalk if she made the executive decision to send them all out at once. That would require the use of a hand truck. Oh poor US Postal Carrier, I'm sorry.

I learned recently I should not have access to the internet and television at the same time. I was watching (passively) a commercial for an Aurora Teagarden Mystery, and thought I wonder if that is based on a book series?....my copy of Real Murders by Charlaine Harris came in today. The first book in the Aurora Teagarden series. It's definitely going on my TBR, but I am fighting with myself about adding it to the already ridiculous CR. Is it sad that as this is all being told first person, I hear the non-speaking parts in the voice of Candice Cameron Bure? The actress who plays Aurora Teagarden? I also now want to see if I can find Aurora Teagarden on Netflix or Prime or something. 

What else? Hmmm...I've added Cute Little Lenormand as well, by Sara M. Lyons. I'm even going to take up her suggestion and focus on one single card each day until I am through all 36 cards and can then move on to learning about the various (3) spread types: the vignette, tableau, and grand tableau. Yeah. From what I gather, it is not particularly difficult as far as spreads go. You have 3, 9, or 36 card spreads that are traditionally used, but you can use other spreads like from tarot? I don't know. I will find out~

I finally managed to get all the way through my library and organize it alphabetically by author. Just in time to have to dismantle the whole thing to move. Oh well. I can re-do it. I will find out what the living room area looks like in the new place and see if I can use my existing bookshelves in the place. Perhaps actually stain and seal them. Or pain them white to match the random finished ones we got. 

I think that will be all for this update. I will do my best to remember to update again on the 14th. See you then~

No comments:

Post a Comment