Sunday, February 7, 2021

Currently Reading: 24 January to 06 February 2021

 Currently Reading


- The Fireman by Joe Hill (10%)
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo (24%)
The Dragon's Legacy by Deborah A. Wolf (35%)
- Greek Religion: A Sourcebook by Valerie M. Warrior (22%)
- A Little Life by Hanya Yanigahara (23%)
- The Girl with the Ghost Eyes by M.H. Boroson (26%)
Les Miserables by Victor Hugo (03%)

* * *

Yearly Reading Goal
13/100

* * *

I am doing better than expected!!! I have not forgotten to post for longer than like four days so far this year, and that was only because work has been a b***h. Between people being discharged, passing, admitted to the hospital, it's been a crazy month at work. However, I am proud of myself for getting done what I did. (and the 01-02 February snow storm didn't help...)

Les Miserables is still giving me trouble. Probably just because it's so ungainly? My goal for February is only to make it to page 152, which may or may not even happen. I will completely have to dedicate a full day of to reading as much as I can. I do actually want to get through. It took me almost a month of off and on reading to get to page 27. And I had only wanted to get to page 76 in January. Like holy cow man. I don't know if it's the format, if it's the actual weight (3.6lbs), or just a lack of interest in it? It couldn't be the last one. I've been interested in it for weeks. I don't understand! Maybe Friday we will try to at least c

I am proud of my reading for the year so far. I've already cleared what would be the goal for January and may even sneak one or two more in, since this post is starting on the 24th. There is still a full week left of January that I can fill in and I've been blazing through Howl's Moving Castle and should get that done quickly enough. And to think, I've only read one manga this month. Usually numbers like this are from me reading a dozen or more manga. I may actually only read one or two manga a month. Then maybe only buying one or two (no more than four) a month from various shops. 

I still have to do the book haul post for January. How many books did I even acquire? 34 from BookOutlet, 10 from Amazon, however many manga it was from HP, and an unknown number from Dollar Tree/General. I don't even remember which books I bought. So yeah, we should definitely skip for January and just start with February. KEEP TRACK this time. I am bad at it, I know. I really intend to do better this time around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment