Friday, December 31, 2021

2021 Fourth Quarter Review

I know I didn't do this for the second or third quarter. They were both fairly intense. Moved to a new county and had an interesting time getting everything set up. However, that is no excuse to not do the fourth. So here we go!

1. Read 100 books - I got to 92 books completed for the year. Not bad all things considered. Hopefully I'll make it in next year's goal now that I am (hopefully) not moving anywhere else. I'm glad that I did reach more than 90.

2. Buy fewer books - I did manage this one despite being closer to two big box stores. I rarely go out to the bookstores now or order online unless it's something I really want. It has definitely been an effort in self-control, but I am glad I am managing it. 

3. Use Kindle more - This one did kind of fall by the wayside. I kept losing the actual Kindle, and forgetting I have the Kindle app on my phone. This will be a better goal for 2022.

4. Do not force reviews - I kind of don't? I post my really basic thoughts, but I don't go in depth any more with like multiple paragraph reviews unless I have something to say. 

5. Restart reading blog - We can definitely call this one a success. I started my blog back up and have been keeping up with it pretty decently for someone with mild forgetfulness. 🙃 

6. Stick to TBR - Kind of? With the exception of various reading challenges, I'm not actually doing that much reading outside of my to be read. Another definite success for 2021.

7. Keep track of Hauls, TBRs, and Wrap-ups - You all were present for the update to my Haul & Wrap-Up change. That worked well. I may change it back to the old way, I may not. Time will tell. 

8. Read Les Misérables by Victor Hugo - This one was a flop. I made it...I don't know, 16% of the way in and just...stopped. I'm not even sure where in the book pile my copy even ended up. Hopefully I so better with next year's big book of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment