Sunday, December 26, 2021

Currently Reading: 19 December to 25 December 2021

 Currently Reading

Legacy of Ash by Matthew Ward (21%)
The Wolf of Oren-Yaro by K.S. Villoso (20%)
The Bone Shard Daughter by Andrea Stewart (19%)

* * *
Yearly Goal

92/100
* * *

Hello my darlings~

I realize now that I won't finish the books I'm on for the challenge. That's okay. I still had fun. I got close! If I hadn't gone with Legacy of Ash by Matthew Ward early on, I may have done more. It's my own fault for choosing a large book that I knew I wouldn't be able to finish in a month. Ah well. We will just work on finishing it in January. 

You noticed my post is a day late (as if it's never been a month or better late...)? It was Christmas here and I was not in my own house most of the day. Ended up spending a fair amount of time with my mother and my sister, building Legos. It was a good day. I didn't get any books, which means I will have to just buy my own. I will wait though, and get them on Epiphany (Jan. 5th). 

I wasn't gifted any books (yet) this holiday season, nor was I gifted any cards I could use at the bookstore. Perhaps people are realizing that with the current state of my living room that I shouldn't get more books until I downsize what I already own....or at least put the shelves up. Who knows? 

Not much else to update you on this time. I bought myself a new calendar for 2022 that is a reading themed one with boxes for your daily page count. I fully intend to make use of it. It even has a section for a mini review. I think I'm going to use it for one new read of the month. Not whichever book is a holdover from the previous month. So like in January, it will be for Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Book Store by Robin Sloan, which is the print book that I'm reading new, and not Legacy of Ash by Matthew Ward, or The Bone Shard Daughter by Andrea Stewart, which are both from December. 

Well, I'll leave you go for now. See you in a week~

No comments:

Post a Comment