Saturday, December 18, 2021

Currently Reading: 05 December to 18 December 2021

 Currently Reading

Legacy of Ash by Matthew Ward (21%)
- The Wolf of Oren-Yaro by K.S. Villoso (20%)
- The Bone Shard Daughter by Andrea Stewart (19%)
- Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation by Mo Xiang Tong Xiu (33%)

* * *
Yearly Goal

90/100
* * *

There has been a little bit of editing as far as books go for the readathon, because I know there is no way I'll be able to finish that many HUGE books in December alone. I'm jumping Legacy of Ash by Matthew Ward, which has 758 pages, over to 500+ page book and instead of An Echo of Things to Come by James Islington, I'm going to read The Midnight Queen by Sylvia Izzo Hunter. It features a monarchy. Reducing the amount of pages I have to read by a fair amount and putting something interesting on my reading list. This way I have more of a chance to actually finish at least one bingo line. Been listening to The Wolf of Oren-Yaro by K.S. Villoso.  

  • White Christmas: Lore by Alexandra Bracken

  • Taming of the Scrooge: Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck

  • Oh, Tannenbaum: Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie C. Dao

  • We Three Kings: Heaven Official's Blessing by Mo Xiang Tong Xiu

  • Jingle Bells: The Wolf of Oren-Yaro by K.S. Villoso

  • Feliz Navidad: The Girl Who Leapt Through Time by Yasutaka Tsutsui

  • Do You Even Dreidel, Bro: Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

  • A Long Winter’s Night: Legacy of Ash by Matthew Ward

  • All I Want for Christmas: Mo Dao Zu Shi by Mo Xiang Tong Xiu

  • Chestnuts Roasting on the Open Fire: The Bookshop on the Corner by Jenny Colgan

  • Remember, Remember: Enchantée by Gita Trelease

  • Not the Gumdrop Buttons!: Edie in Between by Laura Sibson 

  • Tis the Season: Scum Villain's Self Saving System by Mo Xiang Tong Xiu

  • What Child is This?: The Reptile Room by Lemony Snicket

  • Snow Miser: The Fifth Season by N.K. Jemisin

  • Nightmare Before Christmas: The Maidens by Alex Michaelides 

  • First Noel: The Boneshard Daughter by Andrea Stewart

  • Merry Christmas, Ya Filthy Animal: Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson

  • Celebrate Around the World: Star Daughter by Shveta Thakrar

  • Fifty Shades of Sleigh: Lore Olympus by Rachel Smythe

  • Christmas in July: Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter

  • The Solstice Approaches: Year of the Witching by Alexis Henderson

  • Festivus: Ariadne by Jennifer Saint

  • Light a Hanukkah Candle: Fire Keeper's Daughter by Angeline Boully

  • Last Christmas: Blood of Elves by Andrzej Sapkowski 


I think so far I'm not doing so bad. Got a bunch of books together to be able to finish rather quickly enough. I'll go through them again to make sure, but yeah. If I manage to actually read before and after work, then I can get through many more than I normally would have.

As you can also see, some of the book have changed as well. I got three books I've been DYING for in the mail on the 14th, and I absolutely had to find ways to work them in. The very second I heard that Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation was being released in English (by Seven Seas Publishing, whom I am a fan of), I raced to the preorder links to get it. I'm so excited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment