Saturday, September 30, 2023

Currently Reading: 17 - 30 September 2023

Currently Reading

- The Book Eaters by Sunyi Dean (12%)
- Stone & Sky by Z.S. Diamanti (02%)
The Weight of Ink by Rachel Kadish (12%)
Malleus Maleficarum by Heinrich Kramer & Jacob Sprenger (08%)


* * *
Yearly Goal
75/72
(104%)
* * *

It's a sad, strange day when you have to report a BOOKSTORE ad as spam. I was scrolling through Instagram and noticed a going out of business sale happening now...for a company that ceased operation twelve years ago. Going thought my feed and I saw an ad for Borders. Yeah. They closed completely back in September of 2011. Someone is preying on innocent readers. I hate that. People might not really know that the company is gone. 

Figure since I've once again forgotten to post on the actual date, I'd just bump to the next Saturday. As of today I'm at 103% of my reading goal! I've finished 74 of 72 books. I keep "messing up" my reading goal of 6 books a month by reading 8+ books. As far as I recall, the only month I read below 6 (and there was only one where it was even that low) was March. When I read 3. And that was only because one of the books I'd chosen was 800+ pages long! Other than that it's been 7 (February) and then 8+ the rest of the year. I astound myself with how much I read. 

I surprised myself by actually keeping my book buying down in September, as I had wanted. I've read 8 books and only acquired 5. I am quite proud of this accomplishment. I am looking forward to seeing how far I can make it before the end of the month and see if I can keep it at 5. Yes, the answer is yes. I did keep it at 5. I actually read more books than I purchased this month. Go me!!

I suppose that is all for now. I will see you in two weeks, since I won't be home next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment