Sunday, September 17, 2023

Currently Reading: 01 - 16 September 2023

Currently Reading

- Girl, Serpent, Thorn by Melissa Bashardoust (25%)
- The Weight of Ink by Rachel Kadish (03%)
- Malleus Maleficarum by Heinrich Kramer & Jacob Sprenger (07%)
- The Jasad Heir by Sara Hashem (32%)
- The Oracles of Apollo by John Opsopaus (33%)


* * *
Yearly Goal
70/72
(97%)
* * *

Wow. How did that happen? I blinked and like a month and a half went by. We're already two weeks into September. I'll just skip ahead to where I'm supposed to be in the reading blog. Not that anything particularly exciting happened in August? I read my books and passed the courses for the Star Whisperer and Godseer. So Aurin is continuing on in his studies. 

I can't think of anything else particularly exciting that's going on. A friend (JC) and I have decided to not exactly co-write, but I guess the term would be closer to tandem write our novels. We gave ourselves a year to complete our drafts. From 01 September 2023 to 31 August 2024. That's how much time I have to finish Project Secret. I made the weird (and probably bad) decision to actually handwrite the novel, too. Because just writing it wasn't challenge enough apparently. I want to write the whole thing out by hand. 

I've been working out my goals for the last quarter of 2023. Books I want to read, writing goals, any events I want to do in the oncoming months. I've even managed to put at least one pre-order that's not out yet on my list. I am looking forward to these. I can't wait. 

Made the odd decision to do a 12-hour readathon this weekend. I'm doing it timer method, so that way over the whole of the weekend I will read for 12 hours. Just under 3 hours in and I had already finished 2 books. I've got about 5.5 hours left and I wonder just how much I'll finish before the end of the time? We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment