Saturday, September 30, 2023

October 2023 To Be Read

So, I know I forget to do this post periodically. I wanna keep up better for the final quarter of the year, so here we go!! As always it's going to be a three-two-one initial goal with print books first, then ebooks, followed up lastly by audiobooks. 

With no further ado, let us begin:

Print

1. Malleus Maleficarum by Heinrich Kramer and Jacob Sprenger - This is one of the books that I have wanted to read for a while. As a practicing (mostly) witch, I think it's always good to learn your history and really find out what it was like in the past. This is the book that was often referenced during the witch hunts and trials. I am very curious about what they thought and how they put it into practice. 

2. The Book Eaters by Sunyi Dean - I have heard about this through various people, including Reagan at PeruseProject, and I am too curious. I did start it in September, but I only made it as far as chapter 5 before the month ran out. I'm hoping to get through it during October and let you all know my thoughts. I am curious at what will happen with the book and mind eaters. 

3. House of Hollow by Krystal Sutherland - This one is on my list as it is the Writer's Corner October book of the month. I picked up a cheap enough copy and it looks freaky so I am completely down to start this one and see where it is going. It's deceptively small. I thought it was gonna be larger, but hey, good things come in small packages, right?

Digital

4. The Weight of Ink by Rachel Kadish - I've also started this one in September and it looks fairly good. It's a dual timeline book about letters and how they affect certain groups of people. I like the idea and am looking forward to figuring out what exactly we are getting ourselves into. 

5. The Ignorant Witch by E.M. Graham - This one looks perfect for the season. A hauty witchling who thinks she knows what she's doing, only to be schooled by a rogue? Perfect. I hope I can get to it quickly. It looks good. 

Audio

6. The Will of the Many by James Islington - Something about the Roman Empire? I forget. I know it's James Islington and I adore his writing so I'm willing to give anything he pens a chance. I'm looking forward to seeing just how long this stays on the list. It's a 28+ hour audiobook. Here we go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment