Saturday, October 14, 2023

Currently Reading: 01 - 14 October 2023

Currently Reading

- The Book Eaters by Sunyi Dean (19%)
- Malleus Maleficarum by Heinrich Kramer & Jacob Sprenger (08%)
- The Spells We Cast by Jason June (01%)
- The Weight of Ink by Rachel Kadish (14%)
- The Will of the Many by Jame Islington (20%)

* * *
Yearly Reading Goal
76/72
 * * *

Reading has been going fairly well the last few weeks. I'm over goal and I've even finished a book already in October. Which was a very interesting one, I must say. They didn't know what they were not. It was something else. 

I keep seeing this statement floating around Threads where if a person becomes a published author, then they are no longer supposed to express their opinions on books they've read unless that opinion is a 4-5 stars. That seems awfully gatekeeperish to me. It is my own personal opinion. You don't have to agree with it. You don't have to like it, no one is forcing you to. But do not tell someone they are not allowed to express how they feel. If I personally did not like a book, I am likely to explain why I didn't like it. Maybe those same reasons are why someone else will like it and it will help spur them to purchase and read it. Maybe those reasons will resonate with someone and stop them from buying it and prevent a traumatic response. It is not up to a handful of people on the internet to decide whether or not I get to say how I feel about something. You don't wanna read a less than stellar review? Then don't. 

I'm going to keep writing reviews because they aren't for other authors anyway. They are for the readers. 

I've added one fanfiction to my 2023-2024 writing goals for the year. Just something for when I need a break from Project Secret. It's something super silly.  You need that now and then. Something to help take your mind off the heavy stuff and just let you play or get the sillies out. I think my little fic will work well for that goal. My goal is to reach 100,000 by the end of next year, which means I have to write about 220 words per day on it to get there. Brings my current average word count to 725 per day between the two. 

Um...hmm....I think that's about all for now? Nothing else exciting has happened except th trip to Mass, which for personal reasons I will not be actually discussing. Other than to say that it was really good and just what I needed. I came home exhausted and so happy. 

See you all next time~

No comments:

Post a Comment