Sunday, November 5, 2023

Currently Reading: 29 October to 04 November 2023

Currently Reading

- Malleus Maleficarum by Heinrich Kramer & Jacob Sprenger (10%)
- The Inheritance Trilogy by N.K. Jemisin (05%)
- Witches of the Dead Kingdom by Ash Oldfield (51%)
- The House in the Cerulean Sea by T.J. Klune (02%)

* * *
Yearly Reading Goal:
80/72
(111%)
* * *

I gave up on The Weight of Ink by Rachel Kadish. It wasn't holding my attention and I'm not going to leave books sit indefinitely on my reading list partially finished if I can avoid it. I have decided to be okay with DNFs!! The whole premise of the story was the discovery of some old papers in a house that was being renovated. I went in thinking it was going to be something brilliant. It was just the housekeeping ledger of a Rabbi from the 1700s. It only held value to a museum and after about 10%, I just lost interest completely. I DNF'd at 14%, just shy of my goal. Starting in November, I'm giving myself 15% of a book, which I will calculate out depending on the edition, to decide yay or nay to a book. I would go like 50 or 100 pages, which could be unfair depending on the book, like 50 pages of Witches of the Dead Kingdom is nearly 20% of the book, while 50 pages of The Inheritance Trilogy is only like 3.5%. Kind of unfair, don't you think? In one the action will have started, in the other we've barely met the characters. 

Nothing else particularly exciting has happened. I started NaNoWriMo and am at 15% of the way done? Something like that. I don't know. I'm off to go write for the rest of the weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment