Sunday, November 5, 2023

November 2023 To Be Read

I've started this back up again and I plan to [try to] keep it that way!! Let's goooooo!!


Print

1. Malleus Maleficarum by Heinrich Kramer & Jacob Sprenger - I am determined to read this. I want to finish it and get it done. I have been interested in reading it for years, bought a copy, lost my copy, and then bought a replacement. I will finish this book!!

2. The Inheritance Trilogy by N.K. Jemisin - I started this book, knowing full well I probably won't finish it before the end of the year unless I dedicated all of my time to it. It stands at 1,443 pages long. Yet the premise is interesting and I am finding myself reading it quite quickly. Another political fantasy book, we follow the lives of the ruling class and their intricate almost dances of power. It is pretty good so far. 

3. The Last Heir to Blackwood Library by Hester Fox - I just grabbed something at random to fill out the last section on the print list. It's relatively small and looks like it will be a quick contemporary read. I have no idea what it's about and that is okay. 


Digital

4. The Witches of the Dead Kingdom by Ash Oldfield - Got this one as an eARC from the author in return for a review. The book is available for purchase on 24 November 2023. I will hopefully read it and get my review up quickly. I am looking forward to it. It sounded really good. 

5. The House in the Cerulean Sea by T.J. Klune - (before anyone whines, I'm borrowing the ebook from my library....) I have had this one on my list of books to read for quite some time. I found a copy available through CloudLibrary on my phone/tablet and figured I'd give it a go. It's fairly interesting so far and I'm looking forward to see if it's worth all the hype it once got. 


Audio

6. The Will of the Many by James Islington - I started this book in October, made it 33% of the way through, and am just carrying it over to November. It's a 28-hour audiobook, 14 at 2x speed. I'm enjoying it so far. It's inspired by the Roman Empire, and I like the way the power structure is going. I am totally hooked by the various subplots happening and who is spying on who and why and who possibly killed who and what affect will that have on other people...it's well done. 


Bonus

7. Flight of Icarus by Caitlin Schneiderhan - Came in after I made up the TBR, and if I can get to it now, I would absolutely love to. I have been counting down the days until it arrived. One of the two pre-orders that were due in November (the other is Iron Flame). I am so excited for Eddie's story. Long live the FREAK!!

8. What the River Knows by Isabel Ibañez - My Book of the Month selection for November. I want to definitely start putting these in the main Print TBR section in 2024, but for now we will assign it to Bonus reads. This book is set in the 1800s and follows a Bolivian-Argentinian woman as she goes looking for her lost archeologist parents in Egypt. That's what I know. It looks good and is giving strong Mummy vibes. I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment