Saturday, February 29, 2020

February 2020 Book Haul

Yep. We fell off the book ban bus. I knew it wasn't going to work, but I at least wanted to try. We went to a cute little bookstore in New York (state) and I couldn't resist. $1/paperbacks and $2/hardbacks. So naturally I couldn't resist. Then we went out to a writing event in a bookstore and I was missing the group read for one of the two readathons, so I picked that up along with more manga in the one series I'm reading and a book that looked good. Since I cannot remember most of why I bought them, instead of reasoning (some were just pretty), I'm only going to list what I bought.


American Dirt by Jeanine Cummins
Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz
Mystic Warrior by Tracy & Laura Hickman
The Replacements by Brenna Yovanoff
Alien in a Bottle by Kathy Mackel
Tithe by Holly Black
Valiant by Holly Black
Ironside by Holly Black
White Cat by Holly Black
Red Glove by Holly Black
Magic or Madness by Justine Larbalestier
Dragonswood by Janet Lee Carey
The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor
Seeing Redd by Frank Beddor
Anatomy of a Murder by Robert Traver
 The Girl King by Mimi Yu
My Hero Academia #7 by Kohei Horikoshi
My Hero Academia #8 by Kohei Horikoshi
If I'm Being Honest by Emily Wibberly & Austin Siegmund-Broka
Soul Mountain by Gao Xingjian
Red Sorghum by Mo Yan
The Dark Road by Ma Jian
To Dream is to Die by Sarah Lampkin


So, my book buying restriction is going super well. I think in March I'll be better able to actually you know, write out why I bought each one. I'll start using my notebooks or my phone to record my reasoning why when I buy them. At least I kept it reasonable and only got 25 this month, instead of the like, 45 I used to do. 

Anyway, I'll see you in the next haul~

No comments:

Post a Comment