Friday, May 8, 2015

Review: 50 Shades of Pink by K.T. Grant

This book was published on February 16, 2015 by Riverdale Avenue Books. I received a copy from NetGalley in return for this review.

Living in Manhattan and working at Virago, one of the most successful women’s magazines in the nation is a dream come true for Lindsay Pinke. After five years of being overworked and underpaid in the research department, she’s finally noticed by Colette Duarte, the provocative executive editor of the magazine. She offers Lindsay the coveted role as her personal assistant, but first she must prove she’s worthy of the position. Lindsay must interview Victoria Nox, the elusive and extremely private CEO of Nox Media Holdings. If Lindsay succeeds, Colette promises her great things for her publishing career. If Lindsay fails, her chance as a respected writer will be cut short.

A chance meeting with Victoria at a high class function puts into motion a series of events that leaves Lindsay blindsided by her strong physical reaction to the magnetic but foreboding woman. When Lindsay unwittingly falls into Victoria’s world of dark temptations and complex entanglements, she leans the shocking truth Victoria hides about Colette that rocks Lindsay to her very core.

Now that Lindsay has become a balm on Victoria's soul, is she strong enough to help Victoria confront her shameful past, and stop one woman's sick games once and for all?


I picked this book up because the title was entertaining. I couldn't help myself. I had recently read (and was so-so about) Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James when I saw this available on NetGalley. I loved it. This book was so entertaining. I could not put it down, with the exception of the week and a half my Kindle was broken and I was waiting on replacing it....

I rated this book a 4/5 because it was good, but there were a lot of obvious spelling and grammar errors in it. I am not sure how they missed the ones they did unless Ms. Grant, much like Ms. James, did not bother with an editor. How does one let "thirtieth-fifth" get by unchecked? 

There were some parts of the book that I absolutely loved. The way Lindsay went into Colette's office with the intention of getting her to admit to what she had done in the past was an act of bravery that not many people would show. The way Benjamin handled his sister was praiseworthy. It truly takes a family member to understand how to get through to people sometimes.

I would gladly recommend this book to others. I already have recommended it to a few friends on Goodreads that I think would like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment