Saturday, May 30, 2015

Review: Chimera by Vaun Murphrey

Another book from NetGalley. This month seemed to be review/NetGalley month. I loved this. This book was published June 29, 2014 by Artemis Femme. 

Cassandra has spent the last few years of her life locked up in a cell. She has no idea where she is or what she is doing there. She uses her mind to keep herself occupied. They do not speak to her, so she got accustomed to only having her thoughts. 

This all goes sideways when she wakes up with her first menses and she is taken to see the head of the facility she is in. She nicknames him "Laser Eyes" (which I thought was funny), and instantly knows that there's something wrong with him. That same day she is rescued by her uncle, Gerome, who takes her to the Compound. The place where all Weavers live. She's told she's a Weaver, a person who had developed the special ability to access what they call the web, formerly known as the Collective Unconscious.

Now with the help of her aunt and uncle, she is learning how to access this Web and not get lost. She learns about her own special talent being able to do some things that others can't. Such as bring lost Weavers back when they get lost in the Web, heal people and all sorts of other fun things that I probably haven't gotten to yet. 

She discovers some things that are better off being surprises, so I will not spoil those for anybody who is reading this and wants to read the book. It's VERY good. I gave it 5/5 stars. I snapped up the second through fourth volumes as soon as I finished this because it was that good. I loved the way Ms. Murphrey (or mister? I've never seen Vaun as a name before) told it through Cassandra's eyes and kept her human...ish. 

It was well worth it to read this book and I can't wait to find out what happens in the next volumes.

1 comment:

  1. Well darn it I forgot to sign into Google and lost my first big thank you post!

    Your review made me feel wonderful when I read it and I just wanted you to know, Eliza.

    I plan to post a link to this blog on my Twitter and Facebook pages.

    Oh, and I'm a Mrs! I get that all the time. ;)

    ReplyDelete