Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Review: Along Came a Wolf by Adam Dreece

Someone is on the hunt for the steam engine plans, and believe that master inventor, Nikolas Klaus, has them. Thought dead by most, and forgotten by many, the quiet grandfather has been living for years in the sleepy mountain town of Minette, keeping his inventions mostly to himself and watching after his granddaughter grow up.

Twelve year old Tee, and her two best friends, Elly and Richy, come together as the heroic Yellow Hoods in the face of life threatening danger. Whose side are the Cochon brothers on, and will they tip the balance? Will Nikolas’ ties to one of the secret society cost him Tee’s life? 

This book was pretty good. I loved the way it was like The Three Little Pigs, Little Red Riding Hood and Robin Hood all rolled into one story. Tee is a very adventurous girl who apparently sometimes gets a little ahead of herself in her exploring. She ends up getting into trouble that she has nothing at all to do with. She goes on innocent enough journey to deliver something for her grandfather and gets caught up in fight between her grandfather and a man who wants to steal something he doesn't even possess.

I finished the book in just over a day and it was fantastic. I loved it and I can't wait to read the second book in the series and find out what is going on with all of the characters. I kept forgetting that it was set in 19th century style, with the way they were doing everything. I loved the characters and the style it was written in. It was well done. This book is fantastic on all counts when I read.


I gave it a 4/5 over all because I was not impressed with the inclusion of the first three chapters of the next book in the back. Normally it is only one chapter. This cut 15% of the book out when I was reading it because I don't like reading the 'preview' of the next book. Other than that it was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment