Friday, May 1, 2015

A Discovery of a Signature

A few months ago, I picked up a book from my church's Book Nook. It was only $1, and it looked neat so I thought I'd grab it. Lo and behold on the inside cover appears to be a signature. I took a picture of it and I searched what the signature actually looks like to compare them.

This one is the one that I found on the internet, the author is Charles de Lint. I don't know if this one is real or not, but it was discovered on a page that was designed to show what true author signatures looked like. So I just assumed it would be the real one.




This one is the one I found in the inside cover of Widdershins, which is the book I got from the church. It looks similar to the signature in the picture above. I don't know if it is a real signature or not, but it definitely looks like it could be. The handwriting of the '06 matches that of the handwriting of the '05 above.



I hope that I found a real signature, because that would be something really cool to have in a hardcover book.

No comments:

Post a Comment