Saturday, July 15, 2023

Currently Reading: 09 - 15 July 2023

Currently Reading

- Last Night at the Telegraph Club by Malinda Lo (25%)
- Nimona by ND Stevenson (17%)
- Whispers from the Depths by C.W. Briar (15%)
- The Orphic Hymns by Patrick Dunn (04%)

* * *
Yearly Reading Goal

45/72
(63%)
* * *

The urge to just drop every single book from my Currently Reading list and just pick up Fourth Wing by Rebecca Yarros is strong. So is the urge to save it and see if it fits into any of the prompts necessary for the Orilium Magical Readathon in August. Not that I'd be able to finish it in anything close to the time necessary. I'm also excited about that. 

Let me tell you...Orilium is going to be a tough nut this Fall semester. Aurin, my PC, has taken on probably more than he should have? 

 

In 2023, G announced the new career path, Star Whisperer. Aurin naturally did not want to give up his Godseer status, and figured why not just become both? So I have a minimum of 16 books to read in August. 17 if I want to keep the two Lore courses different from one another. This ought to be a fun time. It could be worse. I could have gone Alchemist or something. The one where you need like 20+ books. 

Camp NaNo July has been progressing well. Just counting the actual words written in the draft instead of all over the various documents and we're past halfway. I broke 16k the other day and I should only be hitting 9k today. So that's definitely good. I still need a lot of words to catch up today. I'm over by a ton, but still not at my 1k daily. I think to reach today I'd have to hit 18,670. I'm at 16,670. Definitely need the numbers. I'm probably going to bring a notebook with me to the game to actually go through and work on the novel. 


No comments:

Post a Comment