Saturday, March 2, 2024

Currently Reading #6 [25 February to 02 March 2024]

Currently Reading

IT by Stephen King [69%]
Butcher & Blackbird by Brynne Weaver [39%]
- The 1619 Project by Nikole Hannah-Jones [03%]
A Botanical Daughter by Noah Medlock [48%]
The Black Crow Flies by L.B. Perdan [29%]
Crown of Feathers by Nikki Pau Preto [32%]

* * *
Yearly Reading Goal
10/72
* * *

February was the worst reading month so far. I am aware we've only had two. But come on! In January I read 9/6 books. In February, it was 1/6? That was just tragic if you ask me. I am planning on trying to do better in March. Goal is 6 [8] to at least catch up to where I should be. According to SG, I'm only 2 books behind schedule. If I can get through 2 of the ones that are still on my Currently Reading, then I can make it to caught up. 

I mentioned going to Barnes, but I never mentioned my original reason why I went! I attend a Unitarian Universalist congregation in the next town over from me, and we have a diverse range of speakers during our 'sermon' on all kinds of topics. The previous week to the blog post I put up was on #StayWoke, which I thought was brilliant. The speaker, a Mr. Arthur Breese, kept mentioning a book called The 1619 Project edited by Nikole Hannah-Jones, and he quoted from it a few times. After the service (or possibly during, I don't remember), I downloaded a sample of the book from Amazon. I loved what I read and when my friends told me they were planning a trip adventure shopping I had to tag along. I found the last copy my local Barnes & Noble had. It's a little beat up, but I'm okay with that. I'm annotating it as I read, which I think everyone reading nonfiction should do. Annotate all of your books if that's what you'd like! (I know resellers will be clutching their pearls, but I'd rather actually purchase an annotated book over a pristine one. I like knowing what other people thought was important). It's good so far, even though I'm only on page 19.

Um...nothing else particularly exciting occured. I picked up A Fate Inked in Blood by Danielle L. Jensen for my Book of the Month in March. I'm not sure which of the categories it falls into yet between Fantasy-Romance, Romantic-Fantasy, or Romantasy, but we will find out when it arrives. It looked interesting and was Norse inspired, I think? I don't actually recall. The cover is pretty enough. I am curious about how I will feel about it now that I'm seemingly getting more into romantic plots.

I will see you all next week, if I remember, for an update~

HAPPY READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment