Saturday, March 30, 2024

First Quarter Review [March 2024]

As is the standard these days, I plan to do a full quarter review at the end of each quarter in 2024 [March 31, June 30, September 30, and December 31] to hold myself slightly more accountable for what I'm doing. With that said, let us get on with the review~

January was a good reading month. I got through nine books total and was on track with my 2024 goal. I enjoyed most of the books that I read and it wasn't actually all that terrible of a month to get through them. I think I had a bit of a start that would make me over-proud of myself and kind of fall into failure. I was reading and writing at an unusually high pace for me. It couldn't last. 

And it didn't. By the time February rolled around, I found myself in an sort of soft slump? That's the best way I could think of it. I wasn't necessarily in a slump. Yet I also wasn't reading as voraciously as I normally do. It was odd. I read precisely one book in February. Absolutely destroying the lead I had on my goal. I ended up just starting tons and not reading much. 

Then March hit and I finished six books over the course of like two weeks. I am still nine books behind on my goal. I knocked two ARCs and one huge tome from the list of Currently Reading books, which made me so happy. I also started another budy read with FenrirArcher on StoryGraph, which I am like a third of her percentage. I have to get to it. Found a copy through the library that I am now reading on my phone while I'm out. 


Hopefully the next quarter goes better than the last! Happy reading, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment