Saturday, March 2, 2024

March 2024 To-Be-Read

I will admit it, my (current) March To-Be-Read is literally just my currently reading. I didn't finish ANYTHING from the original post and now I'm just gonna copy it back out again~ Enjoy my crazy...


Print

1: IT by Stephen King - I actually only need to read about 350-ish pages of this to be done. I'm just now on 801/1153. I'm 100% confident that if I buckle down I can get it done. If I get myself to read ~50 pages per day, that's only a week. I can do this. I am enjoying the story so far. It's interesting how these kids just instinctively know it's on them to fight it and that they won't be ready for years. I can't wait to read the resolution (and before anyone asks, no, I've never seen any of the movies). 

2: The 1619 Project by Nikole Hannah-Jones - As I mentioned in my blog earlier, I got this book after listening to a really good sermon given at my church. I was enthralled throughout the entire sermon and afterward had to get my hands on a copy of the book. It is quite dense and it will take quite a bit of focus to actually read and understand what's being talked about, but I am looking forward to learning more about the history of the country I live in and what it did to people it did not consider to even be human. 

3: Butcher & Blackbird by Brynne Weaver - This one was all over BookTok, BookTube, Bookstagram, and Threads. You couldn't (and in the case of some apps still can't) be on too long without seeing it. I grabbed it in February's Book of the Month and am currently quite enjoying it and cannot wait to continue and see how it goes. If I like it, I'll get the sequel, if I don't like it it will go on my Pango store


Digital

4: A Botanical Daughter by Noah Medlock - This one is an eARC I got through NetGalley that just looked absolutely deranged and wonderful. It's about a couple who lives in this old greenhouse. One is a botanist and the other is a taxidermist. Together they build a 'mobile plant bed' for some rather inquisitive mycelium? It is like if Dr. Frankenstein was into botany and I'm living for it. This particular book will be available through Amazon and other booksellers on March 19, 2024.

5: The Black Crow Flies by L.B. Perdan - Apparently I waited to long between goes of reading this and had to reborrow it from KU. I am enjoying the story so far. I forget exactly what the synopsis is, but we are following a girl who's father was the last Prophet of a religion that is now outlawed? Her city was destroyed, forcing her and her mother on the run. Now she works to spread the word of the Prophets throughout the kingdom and is wanted for it. She ends up banding together with the enemy (friends to enemies to lovers?) who she used to be friends with in order to move from one place to another. It is weird and I like it. 


Audio

6: Crown of Feathers by Nikki Pau Preto - A girl, Veronyka, gives up everything she knows in order to join a band of Phoenix riders. I started this after realizing the book that I had originally picked is meant to be a full year of study and kind of requires the print edition along with it, which I don't own. This book is pretty good so far. I love how she is willing to do just about anything to get what she wants. Even if it means betraying what she was taught. Veronyka is very headstrong and I am liking it. I hope to get it done in March. 

No comments:

Post a Comment