Saturday, December 2, 2023

December 2023 Book Unhaul

We are starting a new thing. I'm not sure if I'm going to post the books I'm getting rid of as I do it or once they are available online. I'll make up my mind eventually. If you're interested in any of the books you can find them here. I've been putting up more things as of late as I've come to realize that I am just hoarding books I'm never going to read/reread. 

1. The Christmas Orphans Club by Becca Freeman - I didn't like this book. Not quite enough to actually hate it, but enough that I did not want to reread it or even keep it on my shelf. It was one of the books for a book club that I am dropping from now (they read too fast for me to keep up). Hannah was so obsessed with her own happiness and keeping things exactly so, that she didn't even notice the damage she was causing. I get the feeling she has OCD/Autism combo and is definitely not diagnosed or being treated for it. I put the book up at like 08:15 and it was gone at 09:45. 

2. Miss Benson's Beetle by Rachel Joyce - Its one of the last books I had gotten from Once Upon a Book Club. I had absolutely no interest in reading it at all. It was nothing that was remotely close to my tastes in a book. Maybe someone else will like it more than I did.

3. Moon Magic by Diane Ahlquist - Picked it up at the local Pagan Pride Festival and was rather disappointed by it. I have absolutely no idea where she got the information for the zodiacs, because to my knowledge it was all wrong. Nothing she put made any sense. I don't see myself ever rereading this, so off it goes to someone else's shelves.

4. Writing as a Path to Awakening by Albert Flynn DeSilver - I don't really remember where I got this (probably library sale?), but after letting it stew in my mind for a little bit, I've come to realize I'm never going to actually read it. So....yeah. Going to put it up on Pango for someone else to pick up and enjoy. It just isn't for me. 

5. Sackett's Land by Louis L'Amour - I didn't like it. KS will be like "I told you so" about it, but I want to experience something before deciding whether or not it is something for me. This was not it. Everything seemed to fall into place way too easily. I just couldn't believe people who didn't know this random man from the fens would start following him all over multiple continents. It made no sense. I'm glad I got this for cheap online ($1) so I'm not spending a lot on a book that I will never touch again.

6. Everyday Magic by Samra Haksever – I know I'll never read it again, so why put myself through the torture of keeping it? I have taken pictures of the handful of things I'm interested in and then the book can just go to a new home. I think it's time.

7. In a Book Club Far Away by Tif Marcelo – I read this book, and I thought it was rather good. I also know I'm not much of a contemporary literature fan and I'm highly unlikely to ever want to pick it up again unless a very specific set of circumstances occurs, so onto Pango it goes.

8. Sweetgirl by Travis Mulhauser – I remember reading this last year. I remember liking it okay. I have not thought about it since. I picked it up from the pile of books in my living room and went “Oh yeah, I forgot I had that....” which is kind of a signal to me that it's time to let it go. I've put it up on my Pango to hopefully let someone else who will have more interest in it get it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment