Sunday, December 31, 2023

January 2024 To Be Read

So I'm bringing this back as well, the To Be Read that I sometimes posted and sometimes didn't post. You never truly knew what I was going to do....in the spirit of starting over in the new year, let's bring back some old posts!


Print

1. Y/N by Esther Yi - I've seen this one a few times between Booktok and Booktube and it looked absolutely bananas. A young Korean-American girl abroad is obsessed, hardcore, with this K-Pop band called Moon. When she learns that one of it's members goes missing, she takes it upon herself to go to Seoul and look for him. I have absolutely no idea what is going to happen and I am so excited to actually read this. 

2. The Echelon Vendetta by David Stone - I'm already reading this one, but I doubt I'll finish it by the end of the night on 31 December 2023, so I put it on my January 2024 To Be Read. We follow Micah Dalton, a 'cleaner' for the CIA as he learns about something within the agency itself that goes very deep and gets him potentially into more trouble than he is equipped to deal with. It looks really good. 

3. Mercury by Amy Jo Burns - It's set in a PA river valley town. I live in a PA river valley town. I can't wait to see just how close to home this hits. It follows a girl as she moves in with family members to escape from something and then meets the three brothers next door and then what develops from there. Sounds fairly exciting to me. 


Digital

4. Cemetery Boys by Aiden Thomas - I know this is about a transgender boy who wants to be a brujo and prove himself to his family and he accidentally summons the spirit of his bully instead of the spirit he was trying to. Then they have to go on some kind of adventure to send the spirit back before its too late? I don't recall. I know someone from one of the reading servers I'm in suggested it, so I'm going to put it at the top of my list for January. 

5. The Black Crow Flies by L.B. Perdan - I had started this within the last three weeks of the year and hadn't made it far. I don't remember what it is about, but as is current RAW, we just moved it to the next month's TBR and will continue it from there. 


Audio

6. The Will of the Many by James Islington - I am still working my way through this. I don't listen to audiobooks as much as I used to, so of course it's going to take me months to get through a 28 hour audiobook. I am making steady progress and plan to try to listen more throughout the month!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment