Saturday, December 2, 2023

November 2023 Wrap Up

In November, which started out far better than October, I've read 2 books...


1. Witches of the Dead Kingdom by Ash Oldfield - I got this book from the author in return for an honest review, which you can find here. I loved it. It was a quick read and I'm excited for the next volume in the series. I want to know what happens. We follow Motoki, a mortal prince of Annwn, his stepbrother Gil, a sorcerer named Gwydion fab Don, and a magickal shop owner named Louisa, and her cousin, a witch named Erin. I loved how we slowly integrated all of the characters together. The plot was well written and I fell in love with the characters. I loved how Gil was willing to do a lot to keep his stepbrother, someone he owes no allegiance to, safe. 

2. Flight of Icarus by Caitlin Schneiderhan - I read this in a day (kind of). I started it at work and made it ten pages. Then I finished the book, read from page 11 to page 272 over the whole day. I was completely sucked in. Eddie is still my favorite and I'm so pissed that his chance was blown. If I ever saw Al Munson, I'd probably hit the man. Eddie didn't deserve the treatment he got just because he had the Munson name. Hawkins almost made it into a self-fulfilling prophecy. He stopped bothering to try because everyone was expecting him to fail anyway. By the end, I think Eddie need a hug, a girlfriend, and probably a large sum of money in reparations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment