Saturday, March 30, 2024

Currently Reading #8 [17 - 30 March 2024]

Currently Reading

- Godkiller by Hannah Kaner (23%)
- Ink, Iron, & Glass by Gwendolyn Clare (00%)
- The 1619 Project by Nikole Hannah-Jones (32%)

* * *
Yearly Goal
16/100
* * *

So this last two weeks involved me finishing several books, including two eARCs that I've since posted the reviews of. I've been approved for another eARC, and put in requests for two. There's one I really really want. It's a sapphic, tarot-themed book coming out on my birthday whose title is literally my life-path card. How could I not want this? Was there any real chance for me?

I'm proud of myself for finally knocking It off my damn list. I have been reading that book since November. NOVEMBER. I cannot believe it took me so long. Normally I can knock out books of that size in a month or less. I was even reading it across all three formats just to make it go faster and it still took me forever and a half. Ugh. I did like it, and I've put up my review for it on StoryGraph and the blog to be seen tonight or tomorrow. I refuse to be bested again. 

The Orilium Spring Equinox readathon starts on Monday, so be ready to see the three books I'm currently reading paused for now. Just til I can get through the prompt list. My PC is a second-year Star Whisperer and a third-year Godseer. I'm so proud of him for actually making it each year. I think...after he finishes up his Star Whisperer training, I'm going to bring back my other character. He was going to be Spellsword. Or I will stick in my comfort area and build an all new character (still Iltirian because I love their lore) and have him be a Storyweaver. I'm undecided....We'll see as the time draws nearer. 

I have selected my books for the OSE, and all but one of them is available through the CloudLibrary system my local uses for their ebooks and audiobooks. I think I'll try to aim for print as much as I can, and suppliment with the digital copies when I'm out and about. I wonder if I can borrow all six of them at once or if there's some kind of limit? Who knows. I'll work on it other ways until then!!

I will close this for now, because I'm about to head out for the day, but....HAPPY READING.

No comments:

Post a Comment