Saturday, July 2, 2022

Currently Reading: 01 to 02 July 2022

Currently Reading

- The Light of All that Falls by James Islington (02%)
- Magpie Training by Irene Glasse & Caine Dreamwalker (10%)
- The Tower of Swallows by Andrzej Sapkowski (03%)
- Witch 13 by Patrick Delaney (05%)

* * *

Yearly Book Goal
27/100
-
Yearly Page Goal
9,304/25,000

* * *

Camp NaNo Goal
1,211/31,000

* * *

I am quite aware that we jumped from May to July. Figured with the start of the second half of the year, I'd just start over again as far as the blog posts go. Was pretty much starting all new books anyway with the exception of literally one (which will take me a quite a while to get through, and it's not the one you think it is.) ANYWAY let's get moving in the blog!!

Failed the Guild-a-Thon with flying colors. Only read one book, and that was An Echo of Things to Come by James Islington. I am proud of myself for finishing a 700+ page book in a single month though. I've never done that before. There's that and that's pretty much all of the reading updates from June. 

I picked a rather reasonable bookish TBR this month as mentioned here for those of you who are interested in reading it. If not that's totally okay. I doubt highly that I'll finish the first one. I believe there's a grand total of about 3,500 pages' worth of reading on that list. One book taking up nearly a third of that on it's own. I can't wait to see how far I get!

Camp NaNo July has started. I'm sitting pretty at 1211/1000 on Day 1. We'll see how far we can keep that going before I stop writing. I picked my project for the month as the "fanfiction" one featuring my Wolvden pack as the main focus. There was a lot I needed to do with it anyway, so we'll see if we can't keep it up by making it our idea. I think in November, I'm going to work on the rewrite of Project Book. It needs to be started again from basically the ground up. 

I'm going to add the Camp NaNo goal listing here as well, just because it makes me happy. This month my self-set goal is 31,000. I always aim for 1,000 words a day during the camp seasons. I don't know why. I could push myself to write more, but I never felt the need to? It's not really about winning. Never has been. It's about building that daily writing practice. I'm looking forward to seeing if I get to the 31,000. 

I suppose that will be all this week. See you all next Saturday~

No comments:

Post a Comment