Saturday, July 30, 2022

Currently Reading: 24 to 30 July 2022

Currently Reading

- The Stardust Thief by Chelsea Abdullah (74%)
- Magpie Training by Irene Glasse (14%) 
- Eight Perfect Murders by Peter Swanson (21%)
- Zachary Ying and the Dragon Emperor by Xiran Jay Zhao (23%)

* * *

Yearly Reading Goal
30/50
-
Yearly Page Goal
11,167/25,000

* * *

In the last week or so, I've made a new decision. Instead of $5 for each book I finish, I'm going to instead put away (either withdraw entirely or just move to another account) $10 for each book. History has already resoundingly taught me that I cannot afford any more. However, if there is someone else who would like to match me for the books I finish...we both put $5 or $10 into my bank account when I finish reading a book, that would also be nice. Help me save up for the new house. 

Realized either last night or this morning, I don't quite recall which, that I'm not quite going to make my reading goal for the month of July. There will likely be 2-3 books that get left out. I've not even started one of them yet, and it's rather long. Something like 650+ pages. It will get up onto September's TBR then. Started, I think, on April's. August already has a full claimed TBR for a readathon that I will be posting soon. So much to do.

Failed Camp NaNo. Only got about halfway through the word count goal that I wanted and then just sort of gave up? Not even going to bother with today and tomorrow. It's like that sometimes. I'm considering not participating in NaNoWriMo in November (which we all know is an outright lie, I just feel better announcing it?). I'm not even sure what I would put for my project. There's nothing really speaking to me right now and I prefer definitely doing original works in November over fanfictions. I'll give thought to it. Perhaps we will end up just continuing Project Book or Project Gorge. Who knows?! 

Nothing else particularly exciting has occurred. I realize I didn't mention the sale I talked my roommate into taking me to. Barnes & Noble was doing a BOGO sale of sorts, Buy-One-Get-One-Half-Off. I proceeded to spend $105. I got three new books that I wanted to read that looked interesting (one I even vaguely remember being popular last year on BookTube) and just a new edition of The Last Wish. It's ILLUSTRATED. My heart. I couldn't resist it. It was entirely worth the $36 I paid for it. Geralt on the cover looks amazing. Can you tell what my latest literary obsession might be?

With that, I'm also out of news of the week for reading! Finished one book, almost finished another. Might be able to squeeze in a third before Monday, August 1st....so I shall see you in the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment