Saturday, July 16, 2022

Currently Reading: 10 to 16 July 2022

 Currently Reading

Magpie Training by Irene Glasse & Caine Dreamwalker (14%)
- Blood Like Magic by Liselle Sambury (18%)
The Tower of Swallows by Andrzej Sapkowski (18%)
Witch 13 by Patrick Delaney (05%)

* * *

Yearly Book Goal
28/100
-
Yearly Page Goal
9,899/25,000
-
Camp NaNo Goal
19,427/31,000

* * *

My copy of Blood Like Magic by Liselle Sambury arrived yesterday. It's such a struggle to not actually start it right off. I've already got enough books on my currently reading, including one over 800 pages long. Which of course means the new book that I just got is the one that I want to read more than any other (when I can even convince myself to read).

I have been thinking about my reading life as well lately. Decided on a new "goal" that I'm going to set for myself for the back half of 2022. Because I don't really review as many books as I should, when I finish one I'll write up a shorter review for it and post it here, on Instagram, and on StoryGraph. I post them here regardless, but I rarely ever keep track. From now on, as a promise to myself, I'll start up again with it!!

So I completely lost the bet with myself. I've started reading Blood Like Magic and kicked two books that I wasn't actively picking up at all. Why leave them on the list if I'm not going to bother? I like the list to help push myself, but I don't think now is the time for the big book. Instead I've swapped out to books that I know I'm going to like and will want to read. 

I checked my StoryGraph progress the other day to learn just how far behind goal I am. I logged book 28/100 two days ago. I am supposed to have already reached book 54/100 according to the site. This means that starting in August, I really need to buckle down and read my books. Try to see if I can find shorter YA or Middle Grade novels that I can use to read quickly and fill in the backlog that I owe to myself. Let's see if I can complete the mission!!

That's all for now folks. I'll see you next time~

No comments:

Post a Comment