Friday, July 1, 2022

June 2022 Wrap Up

I'm getting much better at remembering to post and upload these. Can we keep the momentum going? 

In June, I read 2 books: 

1. Llewellyn's 2022 Almanac ed. by Llewellyn Publications - I like to read the articles in these and I found quite a few of them to be actually good. Especially one about magickal protection for protesting. With the current political climate, it seemed oddly appropriate. I also am rather fond of the coloring pages that they have at the back of the book. 

2. An Echo of Things to Come by James Islington - This chunker of a book took me the entire month to read, but I did get through it and that makes me proud. I enjoyed this book. we get more of Caeden's memories returning and the weight of his past coming back to haunt him. I won't and really can't go into too much detail, as this is the second book in the trilogy. I will say it was wonderfully done. I loved how captivating Mr. Islington's writing is. I had put it down for a while, but went right back into it reading 75-100 pages a day. I feel for them over the sacrifices they made, either the ones they volunteered for or the ones that were forced upon them. It was not fair. Sometimes they were forced onto paths that they otherwise would not normally have taken. I am greatly looking forward to finishing the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment