Saturday, July 9, 2022

Currently Reading: 03 to 09 July 2022

 Currently Reading

- A Natural History of Dragons by Marie Brennan (54%)
- The Light of All that Falls by James Islington (02%)
- Magpie Training by Irene Glasse & Caine Dreamwalker (10%)
- The Tower of Swallows by Andrzej Sapkowski (03%)
- Witch 13 by Patrick Delaney (05%)

* * *

Yearly Book Goal
27/100
-
Yearly Page Goal
9,558/25,000

* * *

Camp NaNo Goal
11,323/31,000

* * *

Camp NaNo is going well. I've given up on one of the projects entirely and have since removed it from my computer and all websites it was attached to. Decided to work on one of my original fiction pieces for the rest of the month and then take August as a break and go back to it in September to read over and edit my draft before sending it on to beta readers. I'm about 2500 words ahead of where I am supposed to be, which is interesting. Usually I'm falling behind. We will see what happens later!

I've succeeded in hitting one goal already for Camp NaNo. On July 5th, I made it to the 6,000 word mark, which means I can get one new book this month so far (not including my Book of the Month pick). I went with Liselle Samsbury's Blood Like Magic. I've been following her for a bit on YouTube and thought it was only a good choice for my reward for myself for hitting my writing goal. It's expected to arrive some time today between 16:00 and 19:00. It started at 15:45-18:45, then went to 14:30-17:30...like no one has any idea. 

Reading has been going fairly well. Haven't finished anything, but I have been making good progress on A Natural History of Dragons, which if you'll notice was not at all even on my to be read for July. I learned that Shelf Space, one of the Discord servers I'm in, was reading it as their July book and as I have a copy...I figured I'd read it. I love it so far. I'm just over halfway through, and should be able to finish it probably tomorrow if I dedicate myself. 

Not much else is going on. Just writing up the next chapter of Project Book and continuing my reading. I'm waiting [in]patiently for my book to arrive in the mail and then we will probably start reading it or see if we can hold off and use it in a prompt for August's Orilium readathon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment